English for Law with Cambridge ILEC preparation
English for Law with ILEC preparation
English is an essential tool for anyone working in an international field. This course will not only develop your English language skills within a legal context, but will also prepare you for the Cambridge International Legal English examination. The examination is recognised by the European Company Lawyers Association, the European Law Students’ Association, the International Association of Young Lawyers and the European Young Bar Association.
|By the end of this course, you will have:
- Studied legal English in the context of fifteen areas of the law, including contracts, sale of goods, real property law, secure transactions, intellectual property, capitalisation and competition law.
- Visited a court of law and seen a real trial.
- Listened to and analysed the language used in lawyer-client interactions.
- Studied strategies and techniques so you know exactly what to expect when taking the examination.
- Read a wide variety of legal documents such as letters of advice, meeting minutes, liquidated damages clauses and articles of association.
- Practised writing letters and memoranda on legal matters.
- Improved your ability to participate in situations typical of legal practice, through role-play and simulations.
- Done up to 2 hours homework each evening.
|Lessons per week
|Maximum Class Size
||Higher Intermediate Plus
|CEFR Course Level
|Course Length (weeks)
||18 Feb 2013
15 Apr 2013
15 Jul 2013
19 Aug 2013
21 Oct 2013