Most homestay accommodation is in single rooms but we can provide twin rooms for 2 people booking together. You will be able to come to school easily on foot or by local public transport. About 40% of our families are within walking distance of the school (up to 25 minutes on foot), with a maximum journey of 30 minutes on the bus, or 2 stops on the underground or train. All homestay options have free internet access.
- Standard Plus (private bathroom)
- Superior (private bathroom and walking distance)
- Independent (room only, no meals, full use of kitchen & bathroom)
Meal options are:
- Breakfast and dinner (HB)
- Breakfast only (BB – NB no use of kitchen)
- Independent (SC you can use the kitchen to prepare your own meal
Homestay providers can be very different but they have two things in common:
- A genuine desire to welcome people into their homes and lives
- A clean and comfortable home
Students should not expect a replica of their own home. Homestays offer a taste of Britain and students may have to adapt to different homestay environments while they are in the UK.
Students should also remember that the UK has a rich history and is proud of its cultural diversity. Our homestay providers are a reflection of our society and come from different backgrounds, every age-group and different socio-economic groups. We do not discriminate and welcome all homestays that fit our basic criteria. London is a multy ethnic society. Some homestay providers are not of English origin but all speak English to native speaker standard.
We try to match students with homestays and to find the right homestay for everyone. It is important to book early and to tell us about your requirements e.g. in the areas of diet, smoking, children and pets.
- most British people (about 80%) are non-smokers
- most British people have pets – usually a cat or a dog
- if you are in bed and breakfast or independent homestay you will not have so much opportunity to practise your English as you will not be sitting down for a meal with your host(s).